Certification of products for children (plastic toys).
Almost all products exported from China and intended for children’s use are subject to mandatory certification. This procedure is obligatory, as it confirms the safety of toys in accordance with the requirements of the legislation on the conditions of production, storage, operation and disposal of children’s products. But in some cases for selling toys it is enough to register a declaration or obtain a certificate of state registration.
In the production of toys, it is important to ensure the necessary level of safety and high quality of consumer properties of products for children, as the reputation of the manufacturing company depends on it. First of all, the safety of the materials from which the toys are made is checked. This is done in a special testing laboratory, and then, based on the research, a certificate of state registration is issued.
Basic requirements for children’s toys are the following
- Safety of manufacturing and coating materials
- Check for unpleasant smell and color
The materials from which children’s toys are made must be hypoallergenic and do not contain toxic and harmful substances. Also, toys should not be too bright, poisonous color, and do not have a sharp unpleasant smell. It is also necessary to take into account the presence of small and fragile parts that can injure the child (if he accidentally swallows them). All items must be firmly sewn or glued to avoid it.
Certification of toys must guarantee safety and high quality of the product. This means that all toys that have passed the certification will bring joy to children, and will not cause injuries or diseases.
Classification of plastic toys
- Up to 1 year – (sensory and sound toys) – rattles, pendants, squeakers, musical toys, pyramids, matryoshkas, tumblers, cubes, liners, balls.
- Up to 3 years – (develop movements toys) – wind-up toys, cars, yule, magnetic toys, nest toys (nested in each other), cups of different shapes.
- From 3 years and above, figurative toys – dolls, cars, soldiers, animals, dinosaurs, robots, transformers.
- Household toys – tools, buckets, shovels, shovels and sand molds, kitchen and cutlery, doll dishes and furniture, household items for the home, toy vegetables, fruits and food, doctor’s kits, barber’s kits, plumber’s kits, farmer’s kits, etc.
- Children’s weapons-submachine guns, machine guns, cannons, military equipment, sets of soldiers with an environment.
- Various constructors and prefabricated toys.
Stages of obtaining certification for children’s toys from China
A certificate of compliance is required in order to conduct business legally. This document must confirm the level of quality of products produced in China in order to allow these products to reach the foreign consumer. Consumers, in turn, need this document in order to make sure that the products are safe.
Certification is carried out in accordance with the norms of the Technical Regulations of the CU, in the form of TR CU 008/2011. Permits obtained in accordance with the requirements of this standard can be used not only in Russia, but also in other EU countries. If this document is not issued, you can get an administrative penalty.
Our company has been engaged in the import of plastic toys from China for many years, we are operating a huge range of products. Various types of toys are imported – replicas of cars, helicopters, steam locomotives, military equipment, plastic toys for board games, water pistols, constructors, dolls, children’s dishes and kitchen utensils made of plastic, themed sets.
There are no restrictions on import, the only requirement is proper product quality. Certification is carried out according to the 3C scheme. In accordance with its requirements, laboratory tests are carried out, the company provides a package of documents, and on the basis of the information provided, upon successful completion of the tests, a permit certificate is issued for all products (in particular, plastic toys).
Technical regulation 008/2011 applies to toys of various types – it clearly specifies the classification of goods, requirements for physical, mechanical and chemical indicators.
Quality control is carried out strictly in accordance with these standards. The validity period of the certificate is equal to the operational period of the toys, and the date of completion of this period is not put on the batch.
Certification procedure for Chinese toys
- Applying to the certification center “Rost-Test»
- Identification of goods, conclusion of a contract for certification
- Translation of Chinese documents into Russian, preparation of a package of necessary documents
- Sending product samples to an independent laboratory for verification and preparation of research protocols
- Issuing a permit and entering information into a single database.
Documents for submission to the «Ros-Test»
- Product name, HS codes, product description (appearance, characteristics), color photo
- Specifications, invoice, Delivery contract
- Information about the manufacturer (company name, address, banking details, foreign certificates, if available)
- Information about the customer – data on registration in the IFTS, TIN, documents on registration of a legal entity, charter, banking details, constituent documentation
- Technical documentation
- Application for quality assessment
During the certification process, experts also check and evaluate the indicators declared by the manufacturer.
The main criteria include:
- Smell and taste (organoleptic characteristics)
- Chemical properties (material composition, presence of harmful substances)
- Microbiological properties
- Radiation safety
- Toxicological and hygienic properties (the toxicity index)
- Fire safety (no flammability and explosion hazard)
The certificate of conformity is valid on the territory of the CIS countries (countries of the Customs Union), and is marked with the “EAC” sign, indicating that it has passed the necessary certification.
Content of the certificate for plastic toys
The certificate is drawn up on an official letterhead, encrypted against forgery. It is entered on behalf of the accredited body that assumes responsibility for the entered information.
The certificate contains the following information
- Manufacturer Information
- List of standards
- Details of the laboratory
- Test report numbers
- Certificate validity period
- Name of the holding company, TIN, OGRN, bank details
- Product names, HS codes
This document helps to improve the company’s image and strengthens the confidence of consumers of these products, as well as increases the chances of winning major tenders.